Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

winter news and checking in...

hey everyone,

Its always so funny to me to find out who reads my blog. Every now and again someone from the yoga studio will be like "hey I really love reading your blog, keep posting." Its always the people who never comment on anything too, so its always a total surprise, pleasant surprise I should say (hahaha). The winter is going well, after my two weeks in Mexico I have finally settled back into being at home, teaching all the time and hitting all sorts of yoga classes. I'm planning on going back in March which will be great, but I will for sure miss the packed evening classes at downward dog! I'm leading a few lululemon girls through a group cleanse at the moment, I'm so proud of my little litter of cleansers, they are doing so well... or so they say. Its wonderful to be able to teach a small group of fun ladies about all the foods I love so much. Here is a little recipe that I have been making all the time, its a cleanse friendly lunch or dinner  recipe (today I ate it for both lunch and dinner hahaha) and its nice and simple.

1/2 cup cooked jasmine brown rice
1/2 avocado
1 small tomato
handful of raw chopped kale
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp raw tahini
squeeze of lemon juice
sea salt
olive oil

I like to keep all the veggies raw, even the kale. I use organic black kale, and I chop it up into tiny pieces so it blends right into the other foods. I like to just throw it all together, it keeps well in a tupperware container, so it makes a great lunch on the go. Packed with complete protein, essential fatty acids, enzymes, and its super simple and wonderful.

A fun little bit of news, I'm doing a free talk at energyXchange yoga studio on the first saturday of the month, February is going to be a talk on superfoods, how to use them, what they are, where to get them etc... It's going to be really fun and its free so come out and join us! www.myenergyxchange.com

Sadly Marla has hurt her foot in Thailand, so I will be teaching her Saturday morning 9am level 1/2 for the duration. Hope she gets better sooner than later, but I'm glad they picked me to hold down the fort, such a great group on Saturday mornings!

So what are my favorite things to eat right now?? 
I have been making a superfood morning cereal which consists of...

2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
2 tbsp goji berries
1 banana
handful of frozen grapes
cinnamon
organic natural yoghurt

I have had this every day for the past week or so, it keeps you going for longer than anything else! No coffee or tea needed when you have a breakfast that is jam packed full of minerals, antioxidants, protein, magnesium etc... amazing, try it! If you are really keen you could even put a few drops of marine phytoplankton in there... You can find all these ingredients at your local health food store, I get everything from 4 Life in kensington market, its on Augusta, great health food store!

xoxo
kby

No comments:

Post a Comment